Sunday, March 14, 2010

Whispers

‘Twixt whispers of my heart and whispers of creation,
The screech of raw ambition, the shriek of earthly cares
Intrude upon my soul, impelling ever forward,
To grasp with youthful ardor a wealth of worldly wares.

And in my days of youth, eyes blinded by desire,
Unheedful of his heart, unmindful of my soul,
I stride with purpose onward, eyes focused on the now,
Ears attuned to cravings that urge me toward my goals.

But soon, too soon, arrive those far-off, dreaded years,
And lines and grays begin to hold unyielding sway
O’er countenance once smooth, unmarked by time or tears.
And autumn’s golden beams begin to mark my way.

I hear with growing clarity newer, nobler whispers -
Ideals so long neglected, oppressed by youthful strife.
I heed with new-found wisdom as heart and mind resolve
The whispers of creation and the whispers of my life.


~ mkp1151

No comments:

Post a Comment